Monday, December 30, 2013

New Exhibit Opening Jan 23 at the University of Iowa

Welcome to 2014! I am opening my new exhibit at the University of Iowa's Old Capitol Museum of Natural History on Thursday night, January 23, 5-7 pm. It is titled:
The Northwest Passage and Oceans Beyond: 
An Iowan Sails Into History
It is a perfect venue (below) and should be a wonderful time in the greater Iowa City community.
The Old Capitol Museum has been doing a series on Arctic history and exploration including many University of Iowa connections. I am proud to be part of the series. My exhibit will include many of the elements from the One Island One Ocean exhibit combined with the two other voyages to the Arctic and the Northwest Passage in 1994 and 2007. We will have ipads featuring my blog through the passage in 2007 with images from the time as featured in the Wall Street Journal. 

I will also be speaking in Iowa City at many schools and venues during late April. If you are interested in scheduling an event, please contact me at the email below:
bluewatersouth@gmail.com

Thanks to the many people in Iowa City who have been coordinating events, especially Shalla Ashworth, Director of Operations and dear friend Barbara Nicknish who has been helping with private sponsorships for the exhibit acquisition.

No comments: